Bastard Café invites you to
SPIEL 2015 – The world’s biggest trade fair for board games.
If this ticks your fancy, well, do read on and register here. Once you have completed the registration you will receive a confirmation email and you are registered. It’s that simple.
After a while we run out of hotel accommodation spaces. After this you can still sign up for the trip, but have to find accommodation yourself. So sign up today rather than tomorrow.
If we run out of accommodation you can also get on our waiting list by sending an email to email@example.com. Then if someone cancels their room, you will be contacted.
Info on payment:
- Sometime in July, you will receive an email with the price and how/where to pay. Prices stated in this registration MAY change slightly as we have no final price on the metro or messe yet. So prices below are INDICATIVE and subject to minor adjustments.
- The last payment date is 27th July 2015.
- After 27th July registration is 100% binding. After this date you can’t get your money back, should you need to cancel, but if there are people on the waiting list, we will of course help you with contact to them so they might buy your place from you.
Transport to Essen
- As people come from everywhere in the country, we have decided not to organize a joint transport to Essen. If you arrive by plane you must book to Dusseldorf and from here there is a train that runs to Essen Hbf (it’s a short ride and not that expensive).
- It’s possible to coordinate and get input on cheap travel via our Facebook event. If you find some cheap fligths, please share them here.
- If you would like to travel with other Bastards, “the official Bastard departure” is:
- CPH -> DUS: Wed. Oct 7 2015 departure 10:20
- DUS -> CPH: Sun. Oct. 11 2015 departure 21:05
- The Bastard tour to Essen is NOT a carefully planned scouting trip where we all go hand in hand together. Bastard Café is (apart from being a place where you can play games), also a loosely connected community of people with the same passion for board games – we might create the framework, but you create the experiences. This tour is similarly organized. This means that you can select what you wish to participate in, and nobody expects that you must participate in all common meals, or that we should go together (this is also impossible at the fair). Choose what you like and go with the flow.
- Join the Facebook event “Bastard Tours: Spiel 2015” and share experiences and hints about the great games you’re looking forward to try/buy there. Naturally, you will still receive mails about everything important relating to the tour, but much coziness will happen on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/864053640337552/
- Our hotel is “Motel One“, which is located in the center of Essen right next to the U-Bahn.
- The SPIEL 2015 fair opens on Thursday the 8th of October and closes on Sunday the 11th. We have made it possible to get there already on Tuesday and go home on Monday. Traditionally, the vast majority of Bastards will arrive on Wednesday and go home on Sunday.
- There is a sign-up fee of 125 kr. if you are a member of Bastard café, or 250 kr. if you are not. In registration, you can choose to join the Bastard café if you are not already a member (one year membership costs 125 kr. and provides various advantages which are detailed in our homepage: https://bastardcafe.dk/thegamecollection/). If you choose to become a new member you will receive your Bastard Café membership card upon arrival at the hotel (if you want/need it earlier, mail firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 45 of the booked hotel rooms are doubles where you will get to stay with someone else, while 10 are single rooms. Please note if there is someone you would like to share a room with and then you’ll get placed in the same room. Breakfast at the hotel is not included but can be purchased on site (price last year was around € 7.50 per person).
- “The Bastard Dinner”: Saturday evening you have the opportunity to participate in our large Bastard Dinner which will take place at restaurant Der Löwe (https://www.loewe-essen.de/). Select this if you want to participate, so we know about how many seats we have to reserve. Further information later. But it will be epic, XXL style (food and drinks are paid for seperately).
- “The Bastard SMS Service”: Sign up for updates with news, events, good “finds” at the fair and other (contact like “editors” down there if there’s something you want to share. We love good input).
- The Pap Van: If you buy an awful lot of games down there, it may be difficult to have them all in your flight luggage. Luckily, we have a solution if you live in Copenhagen. We drive a big van down there that you can fill with your purchased games. The van will then return to Copenhagen with all your board games, which you can pick up at Bastard Café from Tuesday the 13th of October. This costs 125 kr. pr. person signed up (the van needs rent and gasoline).
- Messe ticket: If you choose this, you can avoid the queue outside the fair and save a Euro or two. Do NOT select this option if you are a student, because you can get it even cheaper at the fair itself (remember your student card). The ticket will be handed out at the hotel.
- Ubahn travel card: The easiest way to get from the hotel to the fair is by the U-bahn. There are stations both right at the hotel and just off the U-bahn. Select “Travel card” if you want us to get you a ticket for this covering all your travels in central Essen from Thursday to Sunday (saving approx. 50%). The ticket will be handed out at the hotel.
All prices incl. Danish VAT and any possible profit from the tour go to buy shitloads of new games for the Bastard Café collection.
Further questions? Send us an email and we will respond as quickly as we can: email@example.com.